Friday, November 30, 2018

What I Read and Watched in November

I made a dent in my Christian Book Challenge this month by finishing The Everlasting Man by Chesterton, but it wasn't easy to get through. Another tough book was Dickens' Oliver Twist. I didn't love it as much as some of his other titles.

Other books I read: By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder, A Year at Thrush Green by Miss Read, The Boomer Burden (non-fiction book on decluttering), half of Cardigan Bay by John Kerr (not worth finishing), and  A Christmas Journey by Anne Perry, which tried to deal with important themes like sin and redemption, but failed miserably. I also finished a book that my Bible study group has been reading, Queres Ser Curado? by Marcelo Aguiar.

Two nights a week we watch something from our regular rotation of DVDs (Madame Secretary, Perry Mason and Larkrise to Candleford), but we broke out of our routine to watch Henry V  - which wasn't really breaking out of our routine since we watch it once a year!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Vintage Reading said...

By the Shores of Silver Lake is the one LIW that I can't see to get in the UK. Don't know why. I've just bought a book of her selected letters that I can't wait to start.