Thursday, March 3, 2022

What I Read in January and February

We've had a crazy two months, and I'm finally sitting down to record my reading streak. Because we both had the Omicron variety of Covid in January, we were flat on our backs with nothing to do but read. Hallelujah! Then in February we took several trips that enabled us to read for hours in busses and airplanes. Although I didn't have much time at my computer, I gloried in the reading time and will simply list what I was able to read: My favorites are in bold type.

January
1) The Corner Shop by Elizabeth Cadell (my first title by this author, reviewed here)
2) Six Centuries of Great Poetry (took three months to finish!)
3) Trollope: An Autobiography (audiobook)
4) Galusha the Magnificent by Joseph Crosby Lincoln, one of my favorite vintage authors
5) Blood Brothers by Elias Chacour - a pro-Palestinian look at the nation of Israel. I'm reading it in conjunction with the Literary Life Podcast where we are supposed to be reading two books from different viewpoints.
6) A Midsummer Night's Dream - Shakespeare (audio with Lit Life group)
7) Far From the Madding Crowd - Hardy
8) Have His Carcase - Dorothy Sayers (Lord Peter Wimsey #7)
9) Silent Nights: Christmas Mysteries - Martin Edwards
10) Restoring Beauty: The Good, the True, and the Beautiful in the Writings of C.S. Lewis - Markos

February
1) ESV Journaling Bible (the end of a two-year reading plan)
2) The Purgatorio - Dante (with the #100daysofdante group)
3) Heaven to Betsy - Lovelace (book #5 in Betsy-Tacy series)
4) Betsy in Spite of Herself (book #6)
5) Betsy was a Junior (#7)
6) Betsy and Joe (#8)
7) Betsy and the Great World (#9) - I disliked Betsy in this one!
8) The Water Babies - Charles Kingsley, a Victorian morality tale
9) The Five Red Herrings - Sayers
10) The Gathering Table - Kathryn Springer, Christian fiction that I listened to on audio

Don't know when I'll ever be blessed with so much down time again, but I certainly enjoyed it!

Blessings,

No comments: