Monday, December 29, 2008

You Know You Are a Book Blogger When...


I was amused by Chain Reader's "Ten Signs That You Are a Book Blogger" and am borrowing her idea. As I celebrate my first “blogiversary” I have created my own list:

You Know You Are a Book Blogger When…
1) You can’t sleep in on the weekend because you want to link to your most recent post as soon as possible at Semicolon’sSaturday Review of Books”.

2) You are thankful your husband likes to do all the driving so that you can get in a few extra chapters on the way to anywhere.

3) You use an index card instead of a book marker so that you can jot down page numbers, quotes and thoughts on the books.

4) You are in a bit of a panic if you haven’t started a new book by Monday in order to have a post written about it by Friday.

5) You read responses to your book posts before you open any other mail and the feedback makes your day.

It’s been a great first year and I’ve appreciated meeting many likeminded readers!

5 comments:

Carol in Oregon said...

You've got me chuckling this morning. Did you know that Sherry usually opens her post at Midnight Friday? Oh wait, you are on the other side of the time line! I am three hours behind so I can post late Friday. But poor Hope, you have to wake up early!

#5: Amen!

Anonymous said...

I'm like Carol - I post my Saturday Review on Friday night. But I still check my post for comments as soon as I'm up on Saturday a.m. :)

Chils said...

when I have read a book, I always eager to post a review in blog. Writing reviews helps me to understand more about the book.

Carrie said...

Yup - those are good signs you are a bookblogger! ;D

Catherine @ Sharp Words said...

Love the idea about using an index card as a bookmark, and that's definitely something I'll have to try when reading to review!
I have been using tiny post-it notes, but the book ends up pretty cluttered.