Monday, May 23, 2011

Why Blog?

I read a good article on blogging today. I blog because I love to read and I love to write. I wouldn't say blogging is a compulsion, but it has been a hobby that has brought me a great deal of satisfaction. I do get a thrill when the number of viewers is high, but that is not my ultimate goal. My primary purpose for starting a blog was to keep reading (having a book blog is a great incentive) and my secondary purpose was to find a handful of readers who shared my interests. In that sense it's been a huge success and I'm grateful for how I've grown through this endeavor.

Why do YOU blog?


3 comments:

Annette W. said...

Why I began blogging and why I keep blogging are not the same. I began to share my daughter's journey with her speech disorder and to let our friends and family (long distance) in on our everyday lives.

Then I began to share about books, crafts, and preschool ideas...I love this...it makes me feel like a teacher again! I began another blog where I can share more about what we do, and less about who we are...and keep some things private.

the Ink Slinger said...

I blog because I love to write and because it is my hope (God willing) to be a full-fledged writer one day. Blogging has been a great way for me to hone and improve my writing skills.

Anita said...

I began blogging as a way to journal. When I discovered folks were actually reading what I wrote it was very satisfying. I love to get comments but only get a few, like one or two now and then.
I now have four blogs! freetobeme.blogspot.com, anitasadventures.blogspot.com, allinthedayof.wordpress.com, anitasfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com
I'm really not on my computer all day every day even though it may seem like it. Happy blogging...!