Friday, July 26, 2019

Summer Book Acquisitions


We have been back in the U.S. for a few months and although we've been busy with speaking, travelling and family get-togethers, I've had a few opportunities to zip into thrift stores and find a few fun books. I have been wanting to re-read the Mitford series by Jan Karon  and since I don't own any of the books, I was glad to find books 1-4 along with the Mitford Bedside Companion for a few dollars in a Kentucky Goodwill. Later, back in Michigan, I found two Miss Read books (Village Affairs and The World of Thrush Green). And an Elizabeth Goudge anthology called A Book of Comfort. I look forward to more treasure hunting in the coming months.

Today I found the first book in Miss Read's Fairacre series (Village School) for 10 cents!

Blessings,

No comments: