Friday, August 11, 2023

15th Anniversary of Worthwhile Books

How did 15 years of blogging go by so swiftly? When my sister-in-law, Diane, suggested that I start a blog to point people to the classics, I never dreamed it would become my new favorite hobby. Many of my blogging friends have stopped posting because their lives have taken different tracks. And I have slowed down to twice-a-month. So why do I even keep going?  

I don't do it for the stats, although I am always pleasantly surprised during my 5-year checkups to see which posts have garnered the most attention. And I don't do it for the accolades, although I love it when readers comment. I do it because I love stories that nurture the heart and mind. I read a book more carefully and thoughtfully when I know I have to write about it. Writing then helps me to sift out the main ideas and cement them into my brain. A much needed help as I grow older!

By the way, the top five posts are still Code Name Nimrod, The Horse and His Boy, Recommended Librivox Recordings, The Two Towers and Aesop's Fables although a dozen other posts have reached a thousand views. Small potatoes in the blogsphere, but still gratifying.

Thank you to those who have been reading my posts through the years. I hope we can keep encouraging one another to read the best books.

Blessings,

5 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Happy blog anniversary!

Marie said...

Thank you so much for your posts, and congratulations on your blogaversary (sp?). You are always a blessing to me.

hopeinbrazil said...

Thank you, Marie!

Barbara, I am pretty sure you started blogging before I did. Congratulations to you for sticking with it.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Congratulations! You have been diligent over a long span, to share your book love and insights with the world at large. Thank you!

Carol in Oregon said...

I'm just seeing this now. I am very glad you blog and enjoy reading it. Thank you, Hope!