Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Books that Made the Cut

I had set a goal of 20 books in my limited luggage space.  Since 1) I think I'll be able to find books in the Brasília American School library, and 2) since I have many books on my Kindle, and 3) since we'll be returning to the U.S. periodically to visit our adult children, I didn't have as much angst as I expected about having to decide which books to take along.  One suitcase is already full of teaching materials (including books about theology and the Bible) so this stack is more for leisure reading.


The chosen books ended up being only a dozen: My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, 52 Sermons by John Wesley, Portuguese Bible, To Kill a Mockingbird, Return of the King by Tolkien, Life Together by Bonhoeffer, Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry, Gold by Moonlight by Amy Carmichael, Cotillion by Georgette Heyer, and Elizabeth Goudge's Damerosehay trilogy.  

No comments: