Friday, May 29, 2015

More Recommended Librivox Recordings

Several of you left comments on an earlier post, recommending above average readers at Librivox. I'm already hooked on Adrian Praetzellis, and Mil Nicholson (photo). When I googled Nicholson, I discovered another treasure: Ruth Golding (an excellent reader herself) has compiled a list of the best British voices over at Librivox.

Andy Minter is an excellent reader who lists his recordings on his website. Mark Smith does a great job too.

I look forward to reviewing many of these.

Happy Summer listening!

5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Oh good, thank you for that, I have loved the two you like and haven't had much luck in finding voices that make me forget I am listening and not watching a movie, so I will look into these. I was hoping that you would suggest some more. Thank you

Carol said...

Isn't it amazing how a reader can make or break a book. I've listened to audios and decided the book wasn't too great but then experience a turnaround after I've read the actual book. I'm also biased towards the British readers!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips!!!

Unknown said...

Tadgh Hynes is a great reader. His accent makes the book come alive

hopeinbrazil said...

Thanks for the tip on Tadgh. He has done a version of Far from the Madding Crowd, which is a book I've been wanting to tackle.