I was looking around for a book challenge targeted at Christian books and found this one at Goodreads. They suggest 52 books in 52 weeks. Even though that is more than I'm aiming for, I decided to join so that I'll have some semblance of accountability.
Here is the challenge:(on the Goodreads page they even list possible titles for each category) The 20 books marked in brown are my (flexible) plans. I'm thrilled to finally be attacking my TBR list of Christian books on my Kindle.
1. A book about Prayer. - Power of Praying for Your Adult Children
2. A book about Forgiveness
3. A book by a Christian conference speaker. - Divine Design by MacArthur
4. A book by or about a Pastor's wife. - Church-Planting Wife by Hoover
7. A Memoir.
8. A book on the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) Awards list.
9. A book by or about a missionary. - Climbing by Goforth
11. A book with the word "Gospel" in the title. - The Gospel in Ten Words by Ellis
12. A book about Christian Living.
13. A book someone tells you "Changed My Life".
15. A book on Marriage or Living a single life or as a widow/widower for Christ.
16. A book longer than 400 pages. - The Island of the World by O'Brien
18. A book about a current controversial issue. - Rosaria Butterfield title
19. A book with a one-word title.
20. A book more than 100 years old or takes place more than 100 years ago. - Poetic Wonder of Isaac Watts
21. A book published in 2016.
24. A book about Joy or Happiness.
25. A book whose title comes from a Bible Verse.
27. A book by an Indie Christian Author.
29. A book about Church or a specific Church.
30. A book with Heaven in the title.
31. A Christian Romance novel.
32. A book about Christian Persecution.
33. A book on Spiritual Warfare.
34. A Wilbur Award winning book.
35. A book about a Religious Cult.
36. A Christian Dystopian book.
37. A book about Biblical Prophecy.
38. A book by a Christian Author you've never read before - Because we are Called to Counter Culture by Platt
40. A book on any of the Goodreads Christian book lists.
41. A Christian science fiction/fantasy book.
42. A book on depression or how to help a friend/family member who suffers from depression.
43. A Christian fiction book with a beautiful cover.
44. A book with 100 pages or less.
45. A historical Christian book.
47. A book on Evangelism. - Nudge by Sweet
49. A book with God in the title.
50. A book with Jesus or Christ in the title. - The Loveliness of Christ by Rutherford
51. A book of the Bible.
52. A book of your choice. - Weakness is the Way by J.I. Packer