Thursday, March 30, 2023

What I Read and Watched in March 2023

I am surprised that I read anything at all this month, but in between classes I was able to finish Introduction to a Devout Life by Francis de Sales and 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing YouThese High, Green Hills (third in the Mitford series) by Jan Karon was the highlight, but Wired Love was also a fun read. Strange title, I know, but it makes more sense when you know it's a vintage novel about two telegraph operators who meet "on the line." My review is here. (All other reviews are forthcoming.)

A heavy teaching schedule meant that I watched a lot more fluff than usual. I enjoyed my favorite movie, Dear Heart, but don't bother looking it up. No one who I have showed it to has liked it. My thoughts on it are here.

The other movies were black-and-white films on YouTube: People Will Talk, (Cary Grant as compassionate doctor), Practically Yours (WWII feel-good movie with Claudette Colbert), and Suddenly It's Spring, which starts out as a fluffy movie about marriage and divorce, and ends up being more substantial. The last two starred Fred MacMurray, who is certainly not handsome, so it intrigues me that he played so many romantic leads. I guess I could say the same for Humphrey Bogart! 

Blessings,

No comments: