Thursday, July 13, 2023

Lord Peter Wimsey Books 11-15 and One More

It took me three years, but I have finally made it through all of the Lord Peter Wimsey novels. And what a wonderful ride it was! I had my favorites along the way, but I can see myself revisiting ALL of them again.

9. (#11 was accidently reviewed in my previous Wimsey post.) Hangman's Holiday - All of the stories in this book had me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed the protagonist, Montague Egg. My full review is here.
12. Gaudy Night - The 3rd novel with Harriet Vane. Lovely to watch their relationship deepen. Review here.
13. Busman's Honeymoon - the last official Lord Peter novel. My very favorite. Reviewed here (w/ spoilers).
14. In the Teeth of Evidence - Good stories, but not enough Lord Peter.
15. Striding Folly - A quick fun read. Only three stories, but two of them are about Lord Peter as a father. Very endearing.

The Wimsey Papers - A collection of letters and documents supposedly written by the Wimsey clan during the first year of WWII. I enjoyed eavesdropping on many of the characters from the previous novels. Though it was all too short, I thought it was a great way to conclude the 15 books in the series.  

The novels are quite pricey at Amazon, but I was able to get all of these through my library via digital download. I bought a compilation of the short stories (books 4,9,14, & 15) when it was on sale for $2.99. Also, I saw that you can buy the first three novels and a dozen short stories for 99 cents. (the price at the time I wrote this post.)

Blessings,

No comments: