Intentional Christian Reading Challenge this year. (Last year I read 20 titles. I'm going for 26 books in 2018. My tentative choices, which have been on my Kindle forever, are in blue.)
Here is Alina's post: For 2018, we will have the same 52 topics as we had for 2017, however, you can modify the challenge to suit your Christian reading goals.
If you are more of a LIGHT reader and feel you can commit to reading 1 book every 4 weeks, then choose 13 of the categories you would like to read.
If you feel you can read 1 book every 2 weeks, then you are an AVID reader of this challenge. Choose 26 of the categories you would like to read.
If you are a faster reader or just have more time to devote to this challenge by reading 1 book every week, then you are the COMMITTED, reader of this challenge. Read a book from each of the 52 categories - 1 per week.
If you want to be SUPER CHALLENGED, then choose two different books for each category - 2 books per week.
The 2018 list:
1. A book about Prayer - Living a Prayerful Life by Andrew Murray
2. A book about Forgiveness
3. A book by a Christian conference speaker.
4. A book by or about a Pastor's wife - The Peaceful Wife by Cassidy
5. A Christian Novel - Grounded by Angela Correll
6. A Christian Non-Fiction book - Do No Work by Andrew Gilmore
7. A Memoir - Out of the Depths by Edgar Harrell
8. A book on the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) Awards list.
9. A book by or about a missionary.
10. A book by C.S. Lewis - Selected Letters of C.S. Lewis
11. A book with the word "Gospel" in the title - Gospel Formed by J.A. Medders
12. A book about Christian Living - The Overcoming Life by D.L. Moody
13. A book someone tells you "Changed My Life".
14. A book by your Favorite Christian Author - Sometimes a Light Surprises by Jamie Langston Turner
15. A book on Marriage or Singleness - Courtship in Crisis by Thomas Umstattd Jr.
16. A book longer than 400 pages.
17. A book you own but have never read. - Weakness is the Way by J.I. Packer
18. A book about a current controversial issue - Because We are Called to be Counter Culture by Platt
19. A book with a one word title - Lilith by George MacDonald
20. A book more than 100 years old or takes place more than 100 years ago - Confessions of St. Augustine
21. A book published in 2017 or 2018 - The Story of Reality by Greg Koukl
23. A book recommended by a Christian Friend - Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton
24. A book about Joy or Happiness - Health, Wealth, and Happiness by David Jones
25. A book whose title comes from a Bible Verse.
26. A book on Theology - Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body
27. A book by an Indie Christian Author.
28. A book on Christian Growth.
29. A book about Church or a specific Church - Jesus Killed my Church by Bohlender
30. A book with Heaven in the title.
31. A Christian Romance novel.
32. A book about Christian Persecution.
33. A book on Spiritual Warfare.
34. A Wilbur Award winning book.
35. A book about a Religious Cult.
36. A Christian Dystopian book.
37. A book about Biblical Prophecy.
38. A book by a Christian Author you've never read before - The Shock of Night by Patrick Carr
39. A book that was a Christy Award winner.
40. A book on any of the Goodreads Christian book lists.
41. A Christian science fiction/fantasy book.
42. A book on depression.
43. A Christian fiction book with a beautiful cover.
44. A book with 100 pages or less - Art and the Bible by Francis Schaeffer
45. A historical Christian book - Stepping Heavenward
46. A Historical Christian Fiction book.
47. A book on Evangelism - Nudge by Leonard Sweet
48. A book about a faith different than yours.
49. A book with God in the title.
50. A book with Jesus or Christ in the title - Quiet Talks about Jesus by S.D. Gordon
51. A book of the Bible - Exodus
52. A book of your choice - Unspoken Sermons by George MacDonald
Thank you, Alina for hosting this challenge!